our vision: a world where autistic people and our families are accepted, valued and included.
our mission: creating change in families and communities by celebrating, encouraging, advocating, and upholding the rights of autistic parents, children and young people.
Autistic Families International is a community group creating change with autistic families around the world. We are led by autistic parents of autistic children [meet our Directors] and advocate for autistic parents, children and young people within the neurodiversity movement.
Autistic Families International:
- advocate that families and communities value autistic ways of communicating, moving, thinking and being;
- empower parents to make education, therapy and parenting decisions that value their children’s unique developmental trajectory, dignity and childhood;
- provide resources and connections for autistic people to advocate for their own rights, and for their children’s rights;
- work with international groups and processes to uphold our human rights; and
- actively campaign for our vision for a world where autistic people and our families are accepted, valued and included.